- Tell me about yourself.
My name is Azariah, I’m 21 years old, I’m a youtuber, stand-up comedian, entrepreneur, and aspiring actor, but the biggest and most important detail is that I’m genuinely on a mission to change the world. And I believe the only way to do that is through influencing individuals, so I aim to influence as many people as I can in a positive way daily!
- How long have you had locs and how many do you have?
I have about 170 locs
- How do you take care/wash them?
I simply wash them with shampoo, usually the tea tree & mint shampoo from Trader Joes. And then while my hair is damp, I put coconut oil in it. I get them tightened like once every three months, (though my hair grows fast enough to need it once a month, I just don’t like sitting down for hours so I wait as long as I can lol.)
- Do your locs have any meaning to you?
They’ve become a part of me. Plus I talked my 3 brothers into also growing them, so we’re kind of in this together now!
- Any issues & how do you deal with them?
No issues, and I just keep them clean, and moisturized.
- How did you start them?
I originally started them free form.
- what’s your hair texture? Hair length? Hair type/size? Do you think any of these attributes have impacted how you care for your locs?
Ok, no lie, I didn’t know there was a texture code, so I had to google it. And was fascinated by the hair types. But now that I know, I feel like I just got into a secret club! Texture: 4c2 (I believe) Length: Medium Size: small… My hair is naturally pretty coarse and dry, so I have to keep the coconut oil ready!
- What do you like/dislike most about having locs?
I sometimes get my hair caught in weird things, and it gets pulled accidentally. That joint hurts. I also hate drinking out of a cup or eating soup and having my hair fall in it. That’s so gross lol. But other than that I love it. I get a lot of compliments, and girls love my hair, so that’s a win.
- How do you like to style them?
I wear them down, in a bun, a ponytail, braided, twisted, however. But I usually just do a bun, pony, or down. And ask my mom, or aunties to do the fancy styles for me haha.
- Anything else you want to share (tips, locs, life)? Is there a way we can follow you and your endeavors on social media that you would like to share?
If you’re thinking about getting locs, DO IT! Everyone that said I wouldn’t look good with them, apologized to me once they grew out, and said I look great with them. So commit to it, and do it for yourself!! Eff people’s opinions. Also, definitely follow me on social media!